Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 7: Accessing the Conspiracy of Improbabilities

Day 7 Deepak Chopra's daily meditations on how to discover your "Synchrodestiny" out of his book, The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence.

After meditating for 20 minutes using the "so hum" breathing technique (breath in through your nose thinking "so" and out through your nose thinking "hum") I focussed on today's principle: Ritam which means I am alert, awake to coincidences and know that they are messages from God. I flow with the cosmic dance.

Chopra translates Ritam directly as "I am alert to the conspiracy of improbabilities."

I love this. It makes me think of another word, "pronoia" which is the belief that the universe is conspiring to shower you with blessings. Basically this principle builds on all the previous principles and is the whole point of this practice.

In identifying coincidences, our "nonlocal" intelligence (variously described as the unconscious mind) recognizes something of importance to us. Hence, there is no such thing as a "meaningless" coincidence. The mere fact that we notice something and label it a coincidence shows its meaning.

At any given point in our sensory field, we could choose to pay attention to any one of 100s of things. At this moment, I could pay attention to the noise of the shower my husband is taking, the crooked painting on the wall, the old teabag left in a saucer on the table, the wind moving the trees outside, my son getting himself a snack or the slight ache on the right side of my neck. I choose, instead, to pay attention to the computer on my lap, on which I am composing this post. If I choose to pay attention to any particular thing and notice that it "coincides" with something else in my consciousness, that is because for whatever reason that item is important to my subsconscious or nonlocal mind.

The goal of the synchrodestiny work is to follow this trail of breadcrumbs to my good. To notice where I am going and the many ways in which I am supported at all times. To relax and enjoy the journey.

If things are challenging today, here is a Sutra statement: Imagine that you are a contribution to the world.

Of course you are!

No comments: