Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday, Synchrodestiny Day 2

Day 2 Deepak Chopra's daily meditations on how to discover your "Synchrodestiny" out of his amazing book, The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence.

After meditating for 20 minutes using the "so hum" breathing technique (breath in through your nose thinking "so" and out through your nose thinking "hum") I focussed on today's principle: Tat Tvam Asi which means I see the other in myself and myself in others.

Actually, I like the direct translation better, I am that. How useful this is. If I look at everyone and everything as a mirror, I get so much information about myself. And I learn how absolutely vital compassion is to daily living.

I did the exercise he has in the book where you list 10 good qualities of a person you admire and the 10 qualities of a person you hate. Then 3 bad qualities for the person you admire and 3 good ones for the person you hate. Then you circle the 3 best and the 3 worst and write those on a separate page. Ouch! Those are all qualities that I myself embody.

The other exercise is good for every single day. Whenever I see someone, I silently look them in the eyes and say namaste which means "the god in me, recognizes the god in you." It makes it impossible to stay in separation.

If things are challenging today, here is a Sutra statement: Imagine that you can feel what others feel.

No comments: