Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday--Synchrodestiny exercise Day 1 by Sara S. Nichols RScP

Hi. Starting today, I'm starting to do Deepak Chopra's daily meditations on how to discover your "Synchrodestiny" out of his amazing book, The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence. You need to get the book to follow along on the full program, I'll just write on today's principle and what I get out of it.

Since I'm doing them, I thought I'd write about them each day and invite you to do them with me. I recommend you start on day 1, but you can start that any day. The meditations are supposed to bring you into closer contact with the One Source and to allow you to harnass your energy so that you begin to attract and notice all the information that is in your surroundings, the clues that lead you like a trail of bread crumbs to your ultimate life's purpose.

After meditating for 20 minutes using the "so hum" breathing technique (breath in through your nose thinking "so" and out through your nose thinking "hum") I focussed on today's principle: Aham Brahmasmi which means The core of my being is the ultimate reality, the root and ground of the universe, the source of all that exists.

Choprah has a couple of exercises to help me get more in touch with this principle. I did this one today, takes 10 minutes. Sit with a piece of paper in front of you and ask yourself Why am I here?, then write down whatever comes (no big thinking, just grab a fragment of it). Ask it again and write down what comes. Do this over and over again 20 times.

I did this and I got 17 unique things and 3 times I got (1st, 10th and 20th times) "to love and be loved." It is very calming and helpful to remind this to myself.

If I am feeling out of touch with this principle today, I can use these sutra statements to center myself:

Imagine that the whole universe is being played out inside you
Imagine that you are connected to everything that exists
Imagine that you are eternal

No comments: